Thursday, October 2, 2008

I Love Publix


I love Publix. Maybe it's because I lived several years in their hometown of Lakeland, Florida. Maybe it's because my daughter and nephews trick or treated at the founder's son's house. Maybe it's because I saw how they match employee donations to a local Lakeland school. Maybe because their 2 story store in Fort Lauderdale has a cart escalator. Maybe it's because they are always sampling and cooking recipes in store. Maybe because they aren't a big giant super store that makes me feel like I should shop wearing my pedometer. Maybe it's because I read that they are one of the top companies to work for. Maybe because I know a cute story that a friend at work told me about her husband who was the produce manager.


Want to hear it ... My friend's husband was a produce manager at Publix which required him to get up really really early to get to work when the produce arrived. One morning she stirred as her husband fumbled around to get himself together in the dark. He woke her up, "Honey, is there something in my eye?" He took his glasses off and she groggily looked, "No, I don't see anything." He put his glasses back on still fidgeting because his one eye was a blur. She went back to bed. He got to work and asked a fellow employee, "Is there something in my eye?" "No" and he went on about his day, rubbing his left eye asking people if they could see anything wrong. He gets home from work and starts complaining about how his eye was bothering him all day. His wife looks at him puzzled. She stares. He says, "What?" She says, " Do you know you are missing a lens?"


Probably because they have comfortable stores, friendly associates and great deals (Gotta love the buy one get one). But I really think it is because they are opening Greenwise Stores. I have been noticing their selection of Greenwise products growing through the years. (They are the only place around that I can purchase recycled toilet paper, paper towels and napkins). I have also noticed a growing organic section in their produce department, but on Earthday I was poking around the Museum of Discovery and Science and there was a Publix Greenwise booth with samples of organic lemonade and other such yummies. I heard them then tell of a new Greenwise Market! So I went to their website.




How exciting!


Yeah! I can't wait til they open one by me!

No comments: