Monday, October 13, 2008

The Repurposed Building


For years I have known about Quaker Square. I graduated from high school in North East Ohio and my best friend and I would drive over to Quaker Square to shop at all of their cool little stores.

I got to thinking about it the other day. What a great idea. Repurposing a building. It doesn't happen as often as it should. I see so many lifeless former Wal-Marts around. Or level it and rebuild. This is the ultimate in building-repurposing. You can find it in Akron, Ohio, the former Quaker Oat hub. This luxurious hotel has been converted from a behemoth silo that once houses over 1.5 million grain bushels.

It has fantastic ROUND rooms.
The ultimate in repurposed buildings.

The Quaker Square Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Check it out next time you are there or take a look at http://www.quakersquareakron.com/

No comments: