Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Walmart buys local

I'm not a big fan of the super-size mega-giant Walmart stores. I do shop their on occasion, but it's the back to school and pre-Christmas shopping chaos that really keeps me away.

However, I read about their new investment into local rural communities by buying locally grown produce and I must say, bravo.

You know it really makes me think about how things go full circle. Back in the day, we bought locally, from the fruit market or farmer's market. Then everything went to crap and now here we are again, where organic and home grown are becoming popular again.
yeah!
Read about the good things they are doing http://instoresnow.walmart.com/food-article_ektid44214.aspx


Good for Walmart, good for a giant retailer to make a good choice. Call me cynical but I don't think they would do it if they weren't planning on saving some serious dough because of it, but ya know, so what.

It is always nice to see big companies doing good things without having to be told to!

Speaking, of companies doing good things, don't get me started on how I love Publix!

No comments: